ABOUT THE SECOND SPIN CYCLES PODCAST
The goal of Second Spin Cycles has been to deliver fully restored, turnkey, vintage mountain bikes to bike enthusiasts. Hosts Martin and Ben bring that history back to you in this podcast.
Second Spin Cycles – http://www.secondspincycles.com/
Second Spin Cycles on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/secondspincycles/
Second Spin Cycles on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/secondspin/
Be Kind Rewind – https://dirtragmag.com/articles/be-kind-rewind-carbonframes-onyx
Email Martin at Secondspincycles@gmail.com
Download the MBR App
- SECOND SPIN CYCLES – SHORT #4 | AMERICAN MONTANEUSABOUT THIS EPISODE Martin is again joined by Mike Wilk for another “Short.” In this episode, they chat about the American Montaneus, which had the first adjustable angle headset. The Montaneus was adjustable by two allen bolts on the headtube…
- SECOND SPIN CYCLES – SHORT #3 | 1990 WORLDSABOUT THIS EPISODE Martin is joined by regular guest host, Mike Wilk, to chat about the 1990 Purgatory World Championships. Listen in for a discussion of the people, the town, and the event in the 3rd Second Spin “Short.” Please…
- SECOND SPIN CYCLES – EPISODE 6 | BRAKESABOUT THIS EPISODE Martin and Ben Jones are back with their 6th episode of the Second Spin Cycles Podcast. In this episode, the guys get deep into brakes. They dig back into the history of stopping power. U-brakes, cantilevers, cables,…
- SECOND SPIN CYCLES – SHORT #2 | REMOTE DROPPERSABOUT THIS EPISODE Martin and Ben Jones bring you their second episode of “Shorts.” The topic for this episode are the OG dropper posts. Listen in as the “drop” into the world of Hite Rite and more. Please send any…
- SECOND SPIN CYCLES – SHORT #1 | BEAMERSABOUT THIS EPISODE Martin and Ben Jones bring you their first version of “Shorts.” The topic for this episode was the interesting concept of beam bikes. Beamers made their way into several designs and aspects of cycling. The guys give…
ABOUT THE HOST
Martin’s love of bicycles, as with many others is deeply rooted in his childhood. Growing up in 80s Warsaw, Poland much of his early freedom came from spending weekends at his grandparents in the country behind the bars of a bicycle. Unlike in the US, mountain bikes were literally the stuff of imagination. At best you could maybe get a BMX or geared folding bike made out of melted down Panzer tanks. Bikes were mostly utilitarian and lacked any sort of features that would enable any significant off road exploration beyond a dirt road or some smooth trails. It was until his family immigrated to the US that he got my first taste of mountain bikes riding his father’s Jamis Explorer XR through the forests of central Pennsylvania. He was forever hooked!
Unlike other teens in the 90’s who memorized baseball or football stats when he wasn’t riding Martin spent his time scanning the pages of Mountain Bike Action and the Bikepro catalog building his fantasy bike garage. Fast forward a dozen years and he’s put that knowledge to good use or at least as a fun pastime collecting, restoring and riding vintage mountain bikes under his Second Spin Cycles banner.