ABOUT THE SECOND SPIN CYCLES PODCAST
The goal of Second Spin Cycles has been to deliver fully restored, turnkey, vintage mountain bikes to bike enthusiasts. Hosts Martin and Ben bring that history back to you in this podcast.
Second Spin Cycles – http://www.secondspincycles.com/
Second Spin Cycles on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/secondspincycles/
Second Spin Cycles on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/secondspin/
Be Kind Rewind – https://dirtragmag.com/articles/be-kind-rewind-carbonframes-onyx
Email Martin at Secondspincycles@gmail.com
Download the MBR App
- SECOND SPIN CYCLES – SHORT #1 | BEAMERSABOUT THIS EPISODE Martin and Ben Jones bring you their first version of “Shorts.” The topic for this episode was the interesting concept of beam bikes. Beamers made their way into several designs and aspects of cycling. The guys give…
- Second Spin Cycles – Episode 5 | Unicorn BikesABOUT THIS EPISODE Martin and Ben Jones get in their 2nd of Second Spin together. They chat about the idea of unicorn bikes and get into some that they would consider. They really get deep into some classics and chat…
- Second Spin Cycles – Episode 4 | Welcome New Second Spin Cohost!!ABOUT THIS EPISODE Martin is back after taking a little time to restructure the show. In this episode he introduces his new copilot for this podcast. Ben Jones joins Martin to be frequent host of the show. They spend some…
- Second Spin Cycles – Episode 3 | Frame Material & TechnologyABOUT THIS EPISODE Martin and Mike are in for another episode. In this episode, they lay a great foundation of frame material knowledge for you. The guys dig into the history, types of materials, builders who paved the way, and…
- Second Spin Cycles – Episode 2 | Vintage SuspensionABOUT THIS EPISODE Martin is back with Episode 2! He is joined by his cohost, Mike Wilk. They definitely hit the ground running in this episode. They kicks things off with a discussion about suspension. You’ll hear discussion about some…
ABOUT THE HOST
Martin’s love of bicycles, as with many others is deeply rooted in his childhood. Growing up in 80s Warsaw, Poland much of his early freedom came from spending weekends at his grandparents in the country behind the bars of a bicycle. Unlike in the US, mountain bikes were literally the stuff of imagination. At best you could maybe get a BMX or geared folding bike made out of melted down Panzer tanks. Bikes were mostly utilitarian and lacked any sort of features that would enable any significant off road exploration beyond a dirt road or some smooth trails. It was until his family immigrated to the US that he got my first taste of mountain bikes riding his father’s Jamis Explorer XR through the forests of central Pennsylvania. He was forever hooked!
Unlike other teens in the 90’s who memorized baseball or football stats when he wasn’t riding Martin spent his time scanning the pages of Mountain Bike Action and the Bikepro catalog building his fantasy bike garage. Fast forward a dozen years and he’s put that knowledge to good use or at least as a fun pastime collecting, restoring and riding vintage mountain bikes under his Second Spin Cycles banner.