ABOUT THE SECOND SPIN CYCLES PODCAST
The goal of Second Spin Cycles has been to deliver fully restored, turnkey, vintage mountain bikes to bike enthusiasts. Hosts Martin and Ben bring that history back to you in this podcast.
Second Spin Cycles – http://www.secondspincycles.com/
Second Spin Cycles on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/secondspincycles/
Second Spin Cycles on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/secondspin/
Be Kind Rewind – https://dirtragmag.com/articles/be-kind-rewind-carbonframes-onyx
Email Martin at Secondspincycles@gmail.com
Download the MBR App
- SECOND SPIN CYCLES – EPISODE 10 | RIDING THE SQUEAKSABOUT THIS EPISODE Martin, Fred, and John are back with another episode! John is apparently good at imitating brake sounds. In this episode, the guys spend some time talking about some bikes they were out riding on. It’s always an…
- SECOND SPIN CYCLES – EPISODE 9 | ORIGIN OF SPECIESABOUT THIS EPISODE Martin is joined by two new hosts. Fred Powell and John Posner are recording with Martin for this comeback episode at Fred’s place. They got out for a ride together on some real oldies and recap their…
- SECOND SPIN CYCLES – EPISODE 8 | DREAM BIKES WE’RE ASHAMED TO ADMIT TOABOUT THIS EPISODE Martin and Mike don’t want to admit it…but they finally do…those bikes they are ashamed to admit to having and wanting. The guys dig into discussing some of their (many) dream bikes that would make any bike…
- SECOND SPIN CYCLES – EPISODE 7 | MARTIN’S GETTING INTO NEW SCHOOL, PLUS SHIFTING, FAT CHANCE & MOREABOUT THIS EPISODE Martin and Ben Jones “shift” into another episode. In this episode, Martin reflects on the benefits of “new” bikes and his experience of getting used to modern bikes. The guys chat about a variety of items in…
- SECOND SPIN CYCLES – SHORT #4 | AMERICAN MONTANEUSABOUT THIS EPISODE Martin is again joined by Mike Wilk for another “Short.” In this episode, they chat about the American Montaneus, which had the first adjustable angle headset. The Montaneus was adjustable by two allen bolts on the headtube…
ABOUT THE HOST
Martin’s love of bicycles, as with many others is deeply rooted in his childhood. Growing up in 80s Warsaw, Poland much of his early freedom came from spending weekends at his grandparents in the country behind the bars of a bicycle. Unlike in the US, mountain bikes were literally the stuff of imagination. At best you could maybe get a BMX or geared folding bike made out of melted down Panzer tanks. Bikes were mostly utilitarian and lacked any sort of features that would enable any significant off road exploration beyond a dirt road or some smooth trails. It was until his family immigrated to the US that he got my first taste of mountain bikes riding his father’s Jamis Explorer XR through the forests of central Pennsylvania. He was forever hooked!
Unlike other teens in the 90’s who memorized baseball or football stats when he wasn’t riding Martin spent his time scanning the pages of Mountain Bike Action and the Bikepro catalog building his fantasy bike garage. Fast forward a dozen years and he’s put that knowledge to good use or at least as a fun pastime collecting, restoring and riding vintage mountain bikes under his Second Spin Cycles banner.