Episode 1 of She Shreds Podcast with guest Leigh Donovan
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Thanks for checking out the first NEW episode of She Shreds Podcast! Leigh Donovan is a great guest with great experiences. Val and Leigh cover a full array of topics. Leigh shares her first mountain bike and first trail she rode, discusses owning a clothing boutique, parenthood, and reminiscing about her favorite places to ride.
This is a great discussion about “real life.” They really dig into some things that many of us deal with on a daily basis and it’s a refreshing to hear it from a cycling legend. If you’re looking for an fun episode with great perspective on life, have a listen.
- 2014 – Launched ichoosebikes.com (a skills clinic business focused on getting more riders on bikes safely)
- 2014 – Mountain Bike Hall of Fame “athlete” inductee
- 2013 – BMX Hall of Fame “athlete” inductee
- 9X U.S. National Downhill Series & National Champion/Dual Slalom National Champion
- 1995 – UCI World Downhill Mountain Bike Champion (1 of only 3 U.S. women to win this title)
- 1995 – X GAMES Gold medalist, Dual Slalom
- 2001 – UCI World Cup Series , Dual World Cup Champion
- 1993 to 2001 & 2010 US National Downhill Team member
- 2001 – Winner of Richard Long sportsmanship award, only female to win
- 1997 – 2002 USA Cycling NORBA Board Member
- 1998 – Featured in Sports Illustrated “Swimsuit Edition” in a full page advertisement
- 2002 – 2011 Owned & Operated successful upscale retail-clothing boutique “Tangerine”
- 2005 – Became a mother to a beautiful baby girl
- 2011 – Consulted with Troy Lee Designs to open their Laguna Beach retail concept store
- 2012 to 2013- Account Executive for the Interbike trade show
RELATED SHOW LINKS
ABOUT SHE SHREDS PODCAST
The She Shreds Podcast celebrates women who are doing amazing things, on bikes and in life, while inspiring countless others to try something new, step outside of their comfort zone, and to love themselves while doing it.
The women you’ll meet on She Shreds Podcast are athletes, mothers, ambassadors, bike industry leaders, product designers and engineers, pillars of their communities, adventurers and travelers from all corners of the country. They’ve started businesses, raised families, won races, lost races, healed from injury, seen success in their careers, failed at times and have followed their hearts.
We’ll hear about their experiences, learn from their hard earned wisdom and get a glimpse into the hearts and minds of some truly amazing women.